Interested in Bass Fishing? There are so many lakes in the USA that one can make use of. However, to make the most out of your fishing trip, only the best bass fishing lakes should be considered. Listed in this article are the top 25 best bass fishing lakes in the United States, check them out.
- Lake Erie: This Lake is located in North America; it is one of the five Great Lakes in the region. The lake has a large area but has a short average water residence time and is the shallowest of the five Great Lakes.
- Lake Fork: You would find the Lake Fork in Texas State with an area of 112.1 km2. It was set up by the Texas Park and Wildlife and the lake is ideal for fishing white bass and largemouth bass.
- Guntersville Lake: Guntersville Lake is the largest lake in Alabama with its area of 280 km2. It is located in the northern part of the state and flows between the town of Guntersville and Bridgeport. It is an ideal lake for fishing striped bass and largemouth bass.
- Toledo Bend Reservoir: This reservoir is derived off the Sabine River, it is the largest artificial lake in the southern part of the United States. Its area is measured at 748.7 km2 and it can be found between Louisiana and Texas.
- Chickamauga Lake: The Chickamauga Lake is located in Tennessee; it was formed at the same time the Chickamauga Dam was finished. It has a length of about 94.8 km and runs through the Chickamauga Dam to Watts Bar Dam.
- Sam Rayburn Reservoir: This reservoir is popularly known as a major bass fishing in the United States. It can be found on the eastern side of Texas State and it one of the main tributary of the Neches River.
- Lake Champlain: In North America, the Lake Champlain flows across the border between Canada and the United States. It is a natural freshwater lake for fishing bass with an area of over 1,200 km2.
- Lake Saint Clair: The Lake St. Clair was discovered in 1679, it got its name from the Clare of Assisi as it was founded by Catholics. This lake is located between Michigan, United Stated and Ontario, Canadian Province.
- Clear Lake: Here we have the oldest lake in the northern part of the United States; it is about 480,000 years old. It is a natural freshwater lake located in California; it is the largest in the state.
- Mile Lacs Lake: This is a lake located in Minnesota and flows across different counties of the state. Despite being a large lake with an area of 536.1 km2, it is very shallow with the deepest part measuring 42 feet. It is renowned for fishing smallmouth bass.
- Falcon International Reservoir: Popularly known as Falcon Lake, this reservoir can be found in Zapata, Texas. It is one of the best lakes for fishing largemouth and smallmouth bass in the United States of America. The Lake measures 400.5 km2 in area.
- Lake Okeechobee: Lake Okeechobee covers over 730 square miles of water and contains freshwater bass for fishing. It can be found in Florida State – also called Florida’s Inland Sea – and it is the largest freshwater lake in the state.
- Pickwick Lake: During winter, the Pickwick Lake is an ideal spot to fish for smallmouth and largemouth bass. It was formed by the Pickwick Landing Dam and flows from the Pickwick Landing Dam to the Wilson Dam. the
- Lake Berryessa: Created far back in the 1950s, the Lake Berryessa is the largest lake you would find in Napa County in Californian State. Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and spotted bass can all be gotten from Lake Berryessa.
- Kentucky Lake: Kentucky Lake was created in the year 1944 and it has an area of 648.7 km2. It is a shallow lake that contains almost all species of bass and can be found along the Tennessee River in Tennessee and Kentucky.
- Smith Mountain Lake: The Smith Mountain Lake is a large one; it can be found in the southeastern part of the United States. It was created in 1963 and to bass fish at the Smith Mountain Lake, you need to acquire a Virginia fishing license.
- Lake Mead: This is an artificial lake in the United States famous for fishing striped and largemouth bass. It is 193 km long and has an area of about 640 km2. The lake is the largest reservoir in the US based on water capacity.
- Oneida Lake: This Lake is the largest in New York and it can be found close to the Great Lakes. It is a tributary of the Oswego River and it contains a variety of fishes, bass being among the majority.
- Cayuga Lake: Cayuga Lake was one of the lakes used during the 2019 Bassmaster Elite Series tour. It is located in the Finger Lakes region of New York and it is the longest therein. The area is about 172 km2.
- Candlewood Lake: Located in the western part of Candlewood, this is a well-known fishing lake in the United States. It is the largest lake in Connecticut and ideal for smallmouth bass fishing.
- Table Rock Lake: With 174.4 km2 area, Table Rock Lake is a quality fishing lake for white bass and black bass. It can be found in northwestern Arkansas and southwestern Missouri.
- New Melones Lake: Largemouth bass, spotted bass and smallmouth bass are fished at the New Melones Lake. The Lake is in California and covers an area of 50.59 km2.
- Lake Havasu: Lake Havasu is one of the best spots for fishing bass in Arizona, United States. It is a relatively large lake with a 45-mile length and 92-feet maximum depth.
- Lake Murray: This Lake can be found in South Carolina with a 202.3 km2 area measurement. It is known as one of the richest lakes for fishing largemouth bass and striped bass.
- Diamond Valley Lake: Diamond Valley Lake is a lake in South California with a maximum depth of 260 ft. A fishing access permit is required to fish on Diamond Valley Lake.
There you have it. These lakes are recommended spots for fishing bass in the United States. They are located in different parts of the country so you can locate any close to you.